Tuesday, March 25

Mail Bag

Juggling several blogs, three kids, and a very full calendar don't always leave me much time to peruse all the political blogs, daily news feeds and nightly commentary. That's why I'm thankful for great readers who help me out with all the research by sending me links to articles I may find interesting. I thought I'd pass along two tonight...


  • Here's a follow-up story on the California homeschool decision from Townhall.com called Homeschoolers in the Crosshairs of the NEA. Beth from Virginia sent me this link saying, "What was eye opening is the writer's comments that Obama and Clinton are supporting the NEA's stand against home schooling.Don't know if it is true or not, but it could affect not only home schoolers but also Christian schools that don't employ teachers that have a 4 year."

  • JP in Philadelphia sent me interesting quotes from Mike Huckabee on Obama's Race Speech:
On Obama's speech:
... I think that, you know, Obama has handled this about as well as anybody could. And I agree, it’s a very historic speech. ... And I thought he handled it very, very well.

And on the Rev. Wright:
... One other thing I think we've got to remember: As easy as it is for those of us who are white to look back and say, "That's a terrible statement," I grew up in a very segregated South, and I think that you have to cut some slack. And I'm going to be probably the only conservative in America who's going to say something like this, but I'm just telling you: We've got to cut some slack to people who grew up being called names, being told, "You have to sit in the balcony when you go to the movie. You have to go to the back door to go into the restaurant. And you can't sit out there with everyone else. There's a separate waiting room in the doctor's office. Here's where you sit on the bus." And you know what? Sometimes people do have a chip on their shoulder and resentment. And you have to just say, I probably would, too. I probably would, too. In fact, I may have had a more, more of a chip on my shoulder had it been me.


You can read more of Huckabee's comments in this interview with ABC's Jake Tapper.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We'd love to feature your blog on the MamaVote.com but I can't find a way to contact you on your blog. Please email me if you are interesed. info at todaysmama.com

Best,

Rachael

The Gang's Momma! said...

Wow, Nat. You are hitting the big time :) Are ya gonna do it? You'd be great - go for it!!!

And I <3 Huckabee. :)

Anonymous said...

http://epaa.asu.edu/epaa/v7n8/

stats on home schooled kids very interesting

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online